Tuesday, July 24, 2012

1-week Post-Op and 21 Lbs. down!!!

Well, today is officially a week since surgery and I am feeling GREAT! I was doing my best to post right after surgery but, mentally and physically, could'nt get myself to do it! Although now, at 7 days out, the pain and horror of surgery and immediate recovery are distant memories. NO ONE had prepared me for this level of pain. Amazing! Also to find out that they had repaired an hiatal hernia which was the most painful of all. And let's not even begin to talk about the gas! LOL... Couldn't get it out for the first 3 days and, for those who know, it is the worst feeling in the world. I remember reading the OH forum and seeing people stating that they could not get down their required 64 oz. of fluids per day and saying "that's crazy,  I can do this in a flash!"... Oh No! I've been schooled! LOL... well, let's say that it took me 2 days to down an 8 oz. cup of water... Plus, the protein intake is such a challenge. Everything is a challenge. It is as if you are re-educating yourself to live with a baby's stomach's capacity...

The most awakening feeling is to wake up after surgery and to realize that your relationship with food has been severed. This long-term partner which occupied your mind and engulfed your life has suddenly lost its grip. It is an odd feeling which gives a sense of rebirth. For these first days, food did not exist. And then, it all clicked!... This surgery is not a magic wand... It is indeed a tool that helps you adjust your behavior and adopt a new way of living by physically forcing you to control impulses and giving you a window of opportunity to change your body. My humble goal is to lose at least 75 lbs within the next 6 months and this tool is going to help me! Yes it will! :)

As of date, I still don't have a hunger feeling. I still forcing (TRYING) the water and protein down. I need to do a better job of keeping hydrated. So I'm -21 lbs as of today and I am SUPER excited!!! :)- I'm ON MY WAY!!!!!

Question 1: Did I make the right decision by having this surgery even with all the pain, drama and risks?: YES! - Question 2: Knowing what I know now, would have I made the same decision?: HELLZ YA!!!! lol

Have a superb day guys! :)

2 comments: