Saturday, June 23, 2012

Surgery POSTPONED :(- Due to Anemia

I was too disappointed to post yesterday :(. But the surgery has been postponed due to Anemia and low blood volume. So, I'm back to square one but hoping to get a medical clearance within the next 3 weeks in order to have surgery in 4. By the end of the evening, I had put a positive spin on it allowing myself to believe that this is an opportunity to give me ample time to get ready for the life changes that await me and the road ahead as this is a process which require much discipline, effort, and commitment. I also did my 1 hr of cardio yesterday and will continue to exercise every day to keep that rhythm going even after surgery. Adding daily strength training as of Monday. Joined a Strength Training team! Will do the impossible to implement all possible preventive measures for that excess skin... Funny enough, even when I look at my big belly now I see past it! I see myself in a super sharp outfit... Odd how the mind plays tricks on you... I am slowly and surely divorcing from this body... Being off the liquid diet was AWESOME!!!! lol - Had Argentinian steak last night... hmmm hmmm good! ... Oh! BTW, there is a Biggest Loser audition going on today at my gym and the line is 4 blocks long!... So many overweight people out there, fighting the same struggles as I am. From the look on their faces, I recognize myself. It is not about being on TV or becoming a 15-minute star... Nah, it's about that last hope and that desperation to find that last branch in the middle of an ocean... Hope some Miami folks make it... It's a great show... Sent an invite to a lady I know who started her journey at 450 and got down to 390 after 3 months... I'm so present in my reality it is unnerving... Will keep posting to keep you informed on the medical clearance progress. Ciao! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment